Alvan Motor Freight Inc.
According to website https://www.mlive.com/living/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2010/12/it_was_a_good_run_book_deliver.html, in 1941, Albert Van Zoeren quit his job at the Holland Furniture Company and purchased the Allegan-Kalamazoo Truck Line, started in the 1920’s by Andrew Hodge of Allegan. In 1945 Van Zoeren moved to Kalamazoo and built a new terminal, first in Kalamazoo to be built specifically as a trucking facility. Charles took the business over from his father in 1963 and passed ownership to his son James in 1997. The business declared chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2008 and closed.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Alvan Motor Co. Agreement, 1968-1971
This collection contains documents pertaining to Alvan Motor Freight, Inc., and various acquisition agreements carried out between Alvan, Putnam Transfer, and Daum. Also, the collection includes internal documents related to the production of a hand book for non-union employees, as well as various bank loan agreements.