Red Brick Tavern Inn and Store (Plainwell, Mich.)
According to Promotemichigan.com article "Spirited Stories: Michigan’s Ghostly Encounters," the Red Brick House, built in 1838 by Calvin Cutler White, was the first lodging available in the county vicinity. In 1926, the Red Brick Inn was sold to Arthur Eberhardt who continued the operation of the eating place until 1928 when Charlie Richards purchased the Property.
Red Brick Tavern Inn and Store, which was a popular layover for travelers of the Grand Rapids to Kalamazoo Plank Road was also a stop on the Underground Railroad. Now occupied by Sam’s Joint, which has closed down in approximately 2015.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The collection is composed of photos, magazine articles and materials relating to the Red Brick Inn, Jaycees, sheep farming, 4-h and other facets of Edward Barton’s life. The collection is one cubic foot.
- Type: Collection X