Doubleday Brothers and Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
Doubleday Brothers and Company began in 1898 when brothers Fred U. and Ward F., sons of Abner Doubleday, purchased the bindery of the Kalamazoo Publishing Company. Initially they sold office supplies whoesale to banks and governmental offices and eventually moved into the retail market. The company closed Kalamazoo operations in 2005 and is now part of Fidlar Doubleday, Davenport, Iowa.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The collection is composed of ledgers, photographs, catalogs, promotional material and other miscellaneous items from the Doubleday Brothers and Company which produced blank books, forms for schools, banks and governments and stationery and also printed and sold office supplies and furniture. The company began in 1898 and left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.
- Subject: order forms X