Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Scope and Contents This collection covers the time period during B.B. Davis’ life in the Philippines in the 1930s to mid-1940s. The majority of the collection contains correspondence between B.B. Davis and his wife to family and friends living in and around Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids, MI, in particular Areta Williams Hibbard. Many of the letters were written to Mr. & Mrs. Ralph Lorenzo Hibbard, the latter of whom was a sister to B.B. Davis.The letters from the 1930s give an interesting insight...
Abstract This collection contains letters of correspondence from Clyde Cory to his family and wife while serving in World War I from February 1917 to July 1919.
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of family letters written to Mary Kammerer Frobenius, Frank Frobenius and his daughter, Ruth Frobenius Hamill from the years 1882 to 1948. This collection was originally part of A-55, Kalamazoo Valley Museum.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1882-1948
Abstract This collection is mostly comprised of family letters, dealing mostly with the Holden and Ashley families. The range of dates is from 1858 to 1964. Although the majority of the letters are between 1858 till about 1920. These letters are mostly addressed to Harriet and Jerome Ashley from their children, Harriet’s siblings and their children. Harriet and Jerome lived in Calhoun county Michigan for a majority of their lives.
Abstract This collection contains six letters. These letters are from 1887 and are all written in the month of August
Abstract This collection contains letters addressed to the Shepard family, Hattie and Esther, a mother and daughter. These letters come from various people and are from 1920’s to the 1940’s.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1920-1949
Abstract This collection contains miscellaneous letters exchanged between various people in Southwestern Michigan between the years 1882-1958.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1912-1919
- Photographs 2
- World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives 2
- Michigan -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Michigan -- History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Military training camps -- Michigan 1
- Military training camps -- New York (State) 1
- Postcards 1
- Schools -- Philippines 1
- Soldiers -- Michigan -- Correspondence 1
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- Philippines -- Baguio 1
- black-and-white photographs 1 ∧ less
- Ashley family 1
- Ashley, Harriet M. Holder, 1841-1922 1
- Ashley, Jerome B., 1837-1906 1
- Camp Albert L. Mills (N.Y.) 1
- Cory, Clyde Vern, 1889-1976 1
- Cory, Marguerite (Molly) Bernice Bosworth, 1893-1960 1
- Davis, Bert Byron (1880-1944) 1
- Davis, Rosella Snyder (1876-1958) 1
- Esch, John 1
- Faulkner, Myran, 1869- 1
- Fort Custer (Mich.) 1
- Frobenius family 1
- Frobenius, Frank, 1860-1928 1
- Frobenius, Mary Kammerer, 1860-1943 1
- Hamill, Ruth Marie Frobenius, 1900-1996 1
- Hershfield Brothers (Department store) 1
- Hershfield family 1
- Hershfield, David, 1898-1968 1
- Hershfield, Harry Aaron, 1870-1945 1
- Holder family 1
- Shepard family 1
- Shepard, Frances Esther 1
- Shepard, Hattie Florence Childs 1
- Silberman, Harriette C. Hershfield 1
- Stevens, Louretta E. 1 ∧ less