Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Item — Box: 1 of 1
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of a ledger from the Kalamazoo & South Haven Railroad. The ledger is dated June 1st, 1869. The ledger consists of preliminary compass notes for the 33.5 mile railroad from Kalamazoo to South Haven. In the front of the book is the title and notes that say “Book 1 Part 1” and “First Preliminary Line.” On the second page is a key of symbols for landmarks such as blacksmiths, grist mills, churches, and more. Following the first two pages, the fronts of...
Dates: June 1, 1869
Scope and Contents Dunbar papers include information on his career as an educator, author, historian, radio programming director, and civic leader. Collection reflects Dunbar's varied interests in Kalamazoo and Michigan including files from his radio programs, ca. 1943-1951, material relating to the House of David, Benton Harbor, Michigan, American Expeditionary Forces (Polar Bears), correspondence regarding the Michigan Centennial Commission, Michigan Constitutional Convention material, 1961-1962, scrapbook...
- Kalamazoo (Mich.) -- Politics and government 1
- Michigan -- Politics and government 1
- Railroads -- Michigan 1
- Railroads -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Railroads -- Michigan -- South Haven 1
- Dunbar, Willis Frederick, 1902-1970 1
- House of David (Religious society) 1
- Kalamazoo and South Haven Railroad 1
- Michigan Centennial Commission 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1863) 1