Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6

General Farm ledger

 Item — Box: 1 of 1
Identifier: Rh-A-4246
Scope and Contents This collection consists of one ledger possibly from a local farmer in Kalamazoo County, Michigan. The range of the material is from 1888-1901. The ledger tracks farm expenses of the unnamed farmer, the farms of Frank Milham and Noah Bryant, and keeps track of a “wood account” which recorded lumber purchased by various individuals.
Dates: 1888-1901

Kalamazoo Light Guard Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-4125
Abstract This collection is composed of letters and booklets from the Kalamazoo Light Guard from 1881.
Dates: 1881

Kalamazoo Post Office records

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-4231
Scope and Contents This collection consists of documents and ledgers from the Kalamazoo Post Office in Kalamazoo Michigan dating from 1887 to 1932.

The ledger lists various publications both daily and weekly.
Dates: 1887-1932

Leonidas Farm Ledger

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3990
Scope and Contents It is not certain who the people recorded in this ledger are or to whom it belonged. C. L. Bower is probably Charles Bower. He was born in Germany in 1831 and immigrated to the US in 1867 where he worked as a Farm Laborer in Paw Paw, Michigan.
Dates: 1888-1899

Oakwood School District Assessor’s Book

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3398
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
Dates: 1865-1920

Typographical Auxiliary Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-4032
Scope and Contents The Typographical Auxiliary of Kalamazoo was a social organization consisting of women whose husbands were Kalamazoo printers and members of the International Typographical Union. The women held monthly business meetings, held at the homes of various members, elected officers, and formed internal group committees. In the years recorded in the journal, 1939-1945, members of the Typographical Auxiliary contributed to war efforts by sewing utility bags for soldiers, volunteering weekly at the...
Dates: Record Keeping: 1939-1945