Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents “Precision Tools and Dies” is a general informational/ advertisement booklet for the American Tool & Die Works company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan from 1937 to roughly about 1955. This booklet provides a map displaying the company’s wide variety of distribution around the area of Kalamazoo, reaching as far as Indiana, Ohio, and various cities in the northern and eastern areas of Michigan. The booklet also contains some images, including the building of the company, and several of the...
Dates: ca. 1950
Scope and Contents C.H. Dickinson’s General Hardware was a hardware store on N. Burdick St. during the latter part of the 19th century. The store moved locations in 1884, but stayed within the 100-200 block of Burdick St. The store was owned and ran by Chase H. Dickinson, who was born on 8 December 1837 in Vermont. In the 1870 U.S. Census Mr. Dickinson is living in South Haven, MI. By 1880, Dickinson was living in Kalamazoo. The earliest his general hardware store on Burdick St was found is 1881 in Kalamazoo...
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of a pamphlet as an advertisement from the General Gas Light Company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan. Published in 1928, it promoted their Humphrey Radiantfire, an indoor gas heater which could fit in the fireplace. The pamphlet advertised 24 radiators which came in various colors such as brown, bronze, black, rich maroon, green, wrought iron, pierced hearth and various shades of brass. Other products advertised included 6 brass fenders...
The collection is composed of documents and images relating to the celery industry in Kalamazoo.
The collection is composed of advertisements for the Michigan Buggy Company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Scope and Contents The booklet is an advertisement for Checker Cab Manufacturing Company’s 6 and 8 passenger “Drive-Er-Matic” special sedans, appealing to a large family instead of cabs. The booklet describes the car in depth, from detailed pictures and illustrations of mechanical components to its reputation on the road. The “Drive-Er-Matic” is described as “Beauty and Comfort with Checker Economy” (pages 8-9). The reader can enjoy its colored illustrations and grayscale photographs of the interior, exterior,...
- Business enterprises -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 4
- Promotional materials 2
- Automobile industry and trade -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- History 1
- Automobiles -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- History 1
- Celery 1
- Celery industry -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Gas fireplaces -- Catalogs 1
- Hardware stores -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Humphrey Radiantfire 1
- Postcards 1
- Tool and die industry -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- Catalogs 1
- Tool and die makers -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Trade cards (advertising) 1 ∧ less
- American Tool & Die Works (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- American Tool & Engineering Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- C. H. Dickinson General Hardware (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Checker Motors Corp. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Dickinson, Chase H., 1837-1893 1