Showing Collections: 1 - 8 of 8
Abstract The collection is composed of materials from the First United Methodist Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan and span the years 1916-1983.
Overview The collection is composed of materials from the First Presbyterian Church of Kalamazoo, Michigan, and date from 1911 to 2006.
Scope and Contents In 1892,a new Post Office was completed on the southwest corner of Burdick and South Streets. In July of 1903 an article announced that work on the new addition which would be built to the west had begun. Total cost of the addition would be $38,500.Charles W. Gindole of Chicago received the contract to construct the building. John H. Holmes worked for the federal government supervising the construction. There are entries written by John Holmes starting on July 14, 1903 and continuing off and on...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 12 photographs from the Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company and its successor, the Remington Rand Company which was located at 314-320 (later 312-334) W. Kalamazoo Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. The photographs are from about 1911 until 1940.
Scope and Contents Photos of locations and events around Kalamazoo, Michigan, taken by Carl F. Tifft and dating from 1938-1942. Tifft took photos for and was part of the Clarage Fan Company basketball team. Tifft took photos of the Kalamazoo Lumber Fire which occurred in 1938, a parade put on by the circus in downtown Kalamazoo (undated), the Comstock Tornado in August 1939, Milham Park, the view of downtown Kalamazoo from inside the Hanselman Building, and...
Dates: Dated photos range 1938-1942; One pamphlet dates 1931; Some photos are not dated
Abstract The collection is composed of 74 blueprints, 36”x24” of the Marlborough Apartments, 471 W. South St., Kalamazoo, Michigan. The blueprints are copies made in 1979. Also included is an electronic copy of the architectural drawings on a CD in the Donor file.
Dates: 1979; Other: Date acquired: 12/01/2006
Abstract The collection concerns the construction in of the Merrill and McCourtie Block in Kalamazoo on west side of South Burdick just north of W. South Street during 1885 and 1886.
Overview This collection consists of two boxes of material from the Millwood Elementary School. The collection contains class photos, photos of the school, record books, and account books and scrapbooks from the Millwood Mothers club.
- Billingham & Cobb Architects (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Clarage Fan Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Doyle, William 1
- Doyle, William A. 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- First United Methodist Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Holmes, John 1
- Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company 1
- Kalamazoo Post Office (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Public Schools 1
- M.J. Clark Memorial Home (Grand Rapids, Mich.) 1
- Macleod, Linda K. 1
- Marlborough Apartments (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Marlborough Condominium Association (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- McCourtie, William 1
- Merrill & McCourtie (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Merrill, David 1
- Milwood Elementary School (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Milwood Mothers Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Remington Rand, Inc. 1
- Tifft, Carl F., 1910-1999 1 ∧ less