Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Overview This collection is composed of documents from the Kalamazoo Chapter of the National Secretaries Association which existed from 1946 to 2015 until the chapter moved operations exclusively online.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1946-2015
Overview The collection is composed of documents and photographs dealing both with the internal operations and external works of the Kalamazoo Society for Crippled Children and Adults. The materials contained within date from the 1930s to the 1980s.
Overview The collection is composed of newsletters, correspondence between members and institutions, and records kept by the Michigan Land Trustees spanning the years 1976-2016.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1976-2016
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
Scope and Contents The Frank Weinbrecht Farm Family Record Book from 1963 is the documentation of their farming and family needs over the course of the year in Hastings, Barry County, Michigan, conducted by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, the Famer’s Home Administration. This record book documented the farm’s livestock, equipment, and property’s expenses and production sales. It also documented the family’s personal finances and spending needs throughout the year, including debt payments, and family living...