Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 13
Overview This collection contains two notebooks and a photo from Alice Thomas Vivian while she was a student at Bronson School of Nursing between 1931 and 1935.
Overview This collection contains photographs and other materials relating to the Kalamazoo State Hospital Nursing Program that belonged to Anna Poole Ferguson, dating between 1903 and 1965. She was the aunt of Sue Baden, who gave these items to her friend Dorothy Barstow, after her death. Both Dorothy and Sue were graduates of the Borgess School of Nursing.
Overview This collection contains letters, video cassettes, photographs, and slides of graduation exercises, school buildings, and student activities from the Bronson School of Nursing Alumni Association, covering a period from 1943 to 1998.
Scope and Contents The collection contains two teacher's register books by Charlotte DeLano Ingerson (1838-1934). It is not known when she began teaching but the Teacher’s Register book begins in 1857 when she was nineteen. In the 1860 census she is recorded as a school teacher living with her parents. The last entry in the Teacher’s Register is in 1862 and the certification is for 1863 but it is not known when she stopped teaching although it may have been either when she married or right before.On...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1857-1863
Scope and Contents The Kalamazoo School District began in 1833 and by 1865,consisting of the Union School on the corner of South West and West Vine Streets along with four ward schools. This census in the notebook, compiled in 1865, shows 2151 students which differs a little from the yearly catalogs, which showed 2,090 at the end of the 1864-1865 school year and 2,332 at the end of the 1865-1866 school year. The names are not in alphabetical order but seem arranged according to where the students lived. This...
Scope and Contents The booklet contains information about graduates, especially those who attended the reunion on July 25, 2009.Included is information about what life was like for these people when they were growing up in Kalamazoo. The writer also wanted to include information about the community and was able to gather a great deal of information about stores, movie theaters, restaurants, movies and music, just to mention a few categories. There also are photographs from high school, elementary and junior high...
Abstract The collection is composed of a baby book and miscellaneous items for Mary Louise Treash Gaudie born in Kalamazoo on September 12, 1912 in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Dates: Created: 1912-1930
Abstract The collection is composed of various materials from the Michigan Female Seminary and date from 1872 until 1902.
Dates: Created: 1872-1904
Overview This collection consists of two boxes of material from the Millwood Elementary School. The collection contains class photos, photos of the school, record books, and account books and scrapbooks from the Millwood Mothers club.
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
- Bronson Methodist Hospital. School of Nursing (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 3
- Kalamazoo Public Schools 2
- Bourne family 1
- Bronson Methodist Hospital (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Dunbar, Willis Frederick, 1902-1970 1
- Gaudie, Mary Louise Treash, 1912-1991 1
- Glittenberg, Elaine Rhea, 1922-2007 1
- Griffin family 1
- Hinga, Dirk, 1861-1928 1
- Hinga, Frederick Martin, 1926-2012 1
- Hinga, Marvin, 1891-1951 1
- Hinga, Mildred Quigley, 1897-1994 1
- Hinga, Shawn 1
- House of David (Religious society) 1
- Ingerson, Charlotte DeLano, 1838-1934 1
- Kalamazoo Central High School 1
- Kalamazoo State Hospital (Mich.) 1
- Kennicutt, George W., 1810-1898 1
- LeFevre Institute (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Meulman, Janet Brown 1
- Michigan Centennial Commission 1
- Michigan Female Seminary 1
- Milwood Elementary School (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Milwood Mothers Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Oakwood School District, Kalamazoo County, Mich. 1
- Poole, Anna Ferguson, 1884-1973 1
- Pope family 1
- Quigley family 1
- Saint Augustine High School (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Shank, Ellen Louise Emig, 1926- 1
- Spear, Marion R., 1893-1990 1
- Treash, Delia 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Infantry Regiment, 6th (1861-1863) 1
- Vivian, Alice Thomas, 1914-1984 1
- WKZO (Radio station : Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Ware, James 1 ∧ less