Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents A.W. Johnson retail store was opened on August 29, 1914 on 110 W. Main St. by Alfred Woodworth Johnson and Vernon McFee. On February 13, 1915 Alfred Woodworth bought out his partner Vernon McFee, making Alfred the president and sole owner of the company. Lawrence Barnes joined the company as a salesman in 1919 where he would work for Alfred Woodworth until Alfred’s retirement in 1958. Alfred would spend his remaining years as a Christian Science Practitioner until his death on July 16, 1961....