Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Scope and Contents One sample letter of recommendation, one page of notes on grammar, one list of lessons and a short story, all written on stationery belonging to the American Hotel of Kalamazoo, Michigan, all dated 1882. The back of each page is a business directory and buyer's guide for Kalamazoo, Michigan. Menu for Thanksgiving, November 28, 1912 at the American Hotel. Letterhead from the American Hotel, 1882, with notes on the English language for Mr. Phillips.
Dates: Publication: 1912-11-28
Scope and Contents Letters exchanged between Esther Morris Rasmussen (1914-1991), her immediate family, and friends, 1930-1980. The collection includes correspondence from Leo. Brown, Jr. to Esther, 1934-1939 and letters from Esther’s five brothers, Richard, Edward, Walter G., Robert S. and Harold during their service in the armed forces during World War II. Included are letters exchanged in early 1945 in regards to Robert’s untimely death in an airplane crash, as well as Harold’s abrupt marriage later in the...
Scope and Contents The first items in this collection are (20) black and white postcards measuring 3.5” x 5.5”. The first (4) postcards are related to the House of David baseball teams. The next (4) postcards show different scenes of the miniature railroad that operated at the House of David amusement park. There are also (2) postcards that feature the “midget autos” that were built and maintained by House of David members. The next (4) postcards show miscellaneous scenes from the House of David community. There...
Scope and Contents Kalamazoo House, Kalamazoo, Michigan, R. P. Emerson, Proprietor, room book that served as a hotel register, March 27, 1867 to September 28, 1867. The room book lists names, room numbers, and extras such as length of stay. A menu from the Kalamazoo House, dating from approximately 1881-1884.
Scope and Contents Lillian Cobb Bechmann was born in Morenci, MI in 1883. She was married to John W. Bailey on July 14, 1910. She and Mae Dorsey Hicks were residents of Battle Creek, MI. In 1933 John W. Bailey was the mayor of Battle Creek. Hicks was married to James A. Hicks in Detroit on October 19, 1921. In January 1933 Hicks and Mrs. Bailey went on an 18-day cruise of the Caribbean aboard the S.S. Reliance. On their trip they took numerous photographs of what they encountered, and kept postcards, cruise...
Abstract The collection is filled with menus and dining guides from a variety of restaurants predominately from the Kalamazoo and Battle Creek areas although there are a very few from the other ten counties covered by the WMU Regional History Collections.
- Subject: Menus X
- American Hotel (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- ETANDA Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Eat and Dance Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Hicks, Mae Dorsey, -1970 1
- House of David (Religious society) 1
- Kalamazoo Central High School 1
- Kalamazoo County Pomona Grange, No. 82 (Kalamazoo County, Michigan) 1
- Kalamazoo House (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Public Library 1
- Morris, Edward, 1918-1991 1
- Morris, Harold, 1925-2009 1
- Morris, Lillian V. Steinbauer, 1890-1985 1
- Morris, Richard B., 1891-1974 1
- Morris, Richard E., 1916-1987 1
- Morris, Robert S., 1923-1945 1
- Morris, Walter G., 1921-2011 1
- Purnell, Benjamin Franklin (1861-1927) 1
- Rasmussen, Cornelia Brown, 1890-1965 1
- Rasmussen, Esther Morris, 1914-1991 1
- Rasmussen, Leo B., Jr., 1914-1988 1
- Rasmussen, Leo B., Sr., 1890-1975 1
- Reliance (Steamship : 1920) 1
- Wirtz, Edwin 1 ∧ less