Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
The collection contains thirty-six photographs from the Byrd and Leach families from Michigan and Ohio dating from 1880 to 1929.
Those pictured are sons-in-law, children and friends including Pauline Johnson; Essa Byrd’s family including Mary Katherine’s husband, Charles H. Smith, and her sons Robert Adrian Smith, Harold D. Smith and Frederick D. Smith.
The collection is composed of photographs, mainly carte de visites, cabinet cards and miscellaneous photographs of unidentified people taken by Kalamazoo photographers. These photographs more than likely were taken anywhere between 1870 and 1955.
The collection is composed of one sepia-toned cabinet card, 4 ¼”x6 ½” of three children, two girls and one boy, and one adult male, all holding musical instruments. The photograph is identified as "The Hurtt Family." Local photographer C.C. Packard took the photograph and his name is at the bottom of the photograph.
- Photographers -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 2
- Fire fighters -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- Photographs 1
- Kalamazoo Fire Department -- History 1
- Photographs 1
- Portrait photography -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Packard, Cullen C. 2
- Reidsema, John M. 2
- Abbey, Lewis C. (Photographer) 1
- Bingham, H. L. (Harry L.) 1
- Brown, Henry A. (Photographer) 1
- Byrd, Clyde Everett, 1891-1980 1
- Byrd, Essie Gladys 1
- Dornbush, Henry (Photographer) 1
- Ford & Humphrey (Firm : Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Ford, Frank P., 1845- 1
- Humphrey & Abbey (Firm : Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Hurtt Family 1
- Palmiter & Warrant 1
- Perry, Edgar H. 1
- Porter, Morris H. 1
- Ross, Tom 1
- Sharpsteen 1
- Smith, Charles Harold, 1896-1975 1
- Smith, Mary Kathrine, 1894-1975 1
- Spaeth's Studio (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Van Sickle, Adolphus 1
- White, William S. (Photographer) 1
- Wood, Thomas E. (Photographer) 1 ∧ less