Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Scope and Contents Charlotte DeLano Ingerson (1838-1934) was the daughter of Ephraim and Nancy Gillett DeLano. Ephraim came to Cooper Township in 1834 from Providence, New York purchasing land in sections 8, 9, and 17 of the township. They built their house on the northeast corner of Douglas and C Avenues. It is not known when she began teaching but the Teacher’s Register book begins in 1857 when she was nineteen. In the 1860 census she is recorded as a school teacher living with her parents. The last entry in...