Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
Abstract The Frederick and Shawn Hinga Collection is comprised of various handwritten letters, pictures, Benton Harbor High School material, ledger book, financial records, and funeral service booklets belonging to the Hinga, Pope/Griffin, and Quigley/Born families of Benton Harbor and Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1926-2012