Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 24
Scope and Contents The Kalamazoo Light Guard was a military branch and the primary purpose of the guard was to be an independent military corps that is important for municipal regulation, as well as an efficient aid in war time. The Code of Laws books are from December 12th, 1881 and they consist of 23 articles, 15 rules of order, fines, penalties and the collection thereof, the original Light Guard Roster, the current guard roster and an index. The account book is hand written and is from June-August 1898 and it...
Scope and Contents It is not certain who the people recorded in this ledger are or to whom it belonged. C. L. Bower is probably Charles Bower. He was born in Germany in 1831 and immigrated to the US in 1867 where he worked as a Farm Laborer in Paw Paw, Michigan.
Scope and Contents From the business statement we know that his Jeweler store was for some time located at 49 N. Main Street, Three Rivers. By 1964 it appears that Dooley had moved his business to a new location at 111 ½ W. Michigan Street. This may have been caused by new jewelers moving into the area, as seen within the 1964 Telephone Directory which has three jewelers all listed on N. Main Street. Although this directory does not list Dooley’s store.
Scope and Contents The first ledger’s dates range from 1906 to 1918. There is a gap between 1911 and 1915. In these recorded the owner records their financial information during the year. The first few pages of the ledger is an index of everyone that did business with the owner. The owner, based on his financial records was a farmer, who sold his goods to local people and businesses. The owner also includes an inventory of all of his financial purchases.The second leger looks as though the owner...
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
Scope and Contents The O.C. Simmons Ledger Book dates from 1866-1867 and documents the invoice of the hardware store, owned by Orville C. Simmons, over the year. The opening cover of the ledger is dated January 1st, 1866. Paw Paw, Michigan during this time was described as “a flourishing incorporated post village” with a population of 1300, according to the Michigan State Gazetteer for 1863-1864. It also listed other businesses in Paw Paw during this time, such as flouring mills, saw mills, blind and door...
Scope and Contents The ledger starts in 1902 with the first listed treasurer, H. H. Sherwood and ends with Hart Fisher in 1915. However, for the years of 1909 and 1910 no treasurer is listed. This is also seen on the backside of the receipt where there is another list of treasurers with that one missing. Today the city hall is located at 7510 Q Ave E, Scotts, MI 49088-9760.
Abstract The collection is composed of one job register ledger for the Pease & Son and McCaul's Printing Company which were located in Kalamazoo between 1881 and 1962.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a ledger from the South Side Club. Many pages of the ledger were left blank. A few meeting notes were taken, but after that the pages which are used mostly deal with bonds, stocks, and interest on bank accounts. There are also some pages which show liberty bonds bought by the club. These account information ends with 1924. The club had accounts with the Kalamazoo City Savings Bank.
Scope and Contents This collection is composed of one green S. E. Ledger, which was owned by Spencer Funeral Home in Athens, MI and was used from 1949 – 1954. The ledger is 76 pages long.Purchases recorded in the ledger include item such as cards, flowers, casket sprays, dinners, and the services themselves. There are three (3) receipts pinned in the ledger for flowers, wheat, and something from Wolfe Grain & Feed Co. The entries often include which church the funeral took place at and the family member who...
- Subject: account books X
- A.K. Edwards and Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Acme Manufacturing Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- American Roentgen Ray Society 1
- Anthony, Susan B. (Susan Brownell), 1820-1906 1
- Beeson, B. F. 1
- Bourne family 1
- Bower, Charles L., 1831- 1
- Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin, Charles 1
- Chase H. Dickinson 1
- Clark Commercial College (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Crane, Augustus W., 1868-1937 1
- Crane, Caroline Bartlett, 1858-1935 1
- Crane, Mary Alice, 1913-1987 1
- Cronin, Jeremiah H., 1873-1960 1
- Dooley, Lloyd S., 1896-1979 1
- Edwards & Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Ferris, Wilcox & Co. (Leonidas, Mich.) 1
- First National Bank and Trust Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Griffin family 1
- Hinga, Dirk, 1861-1928 1
- Hinga, Frederick Martin, 1926-2012 1
- Hinga, Marvin, 1891-1951 1
- Hinga, Mildred Quigley, 1897-1994 1
- Hinga, Shawn 1
- International Typographical Union. Local 122 (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- J.H. Cronin Store (Marshall, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Light Guard 1
- Kalamazoo Public Schools 1
- Kalamazoo Sled Company 1
- Kingsbury, Charles Henry 1
- Lighthouse Funeral and Cremation (Athens, Mich.) 1
- Loney, Wayne H. 1
- McCaul's Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Michigan State Troops. Regiment, 2nd. Company C 1
- Michigan. National Guard 1
- Oakwood School District, Kalamazoo County, Mich. 1
- Pease & Son Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- People's Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Pierce, Ardis J. (Ardis Jean), 1944-2013 1
- Pope family 1
- Quigley family 1
- Ritter, Joseph K. 1
- Robert G. McCaul 1
- Robinson, Claude, 1880-1957 1
- Shaw, Anna Howard, 1847-1919 1
- Simmons, Orville C., approximately 1827- 1
- South Side Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Spencer Lighthouse of Athens (Athens, Mich.) 1
- Steward, L.J. 1
- Taylor, Theophilus, 1849-1922 1
- Valentine, Hiram B., 1821-1891 1
- Women's Civic Improvement League (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1 ∧ less