Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents C.H. Dickinson’s General Hardware was a hardware store on N. Burdick St. during the latter part of the 19th century. The store moved locations in 1884, but stayed within the 100-200 block of Burdick St. The store was owned and ran by Chase H. Dickinson, who was born on 8 December 1837 in Vermont. In the 1870 U.S. Census Mr. Dickinson is living in South Haven, MI. By 1880, Dickinson was living in Kalamazoo. The earliest his general hardware store on Burdick St was found is 1881 in Kalamazoo City...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of ledgers, photographs, catalogs, promotional material and other miscellaneous items from the Doubleday Brothers and Company which produced blank books, forms for schools, banks and governments and stationery and also printed and sold office supplies and furniture. The company began in 1898 and left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.
- Names: Kalamazoo Publishing Company X
- Advertisements 1
- Business records 1
- Hardware stores -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Printing industry -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Publishers and publishing -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- C. H. Dickinson General Hardware (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Dickinson, Chase H., 1837-1893 1
- Doubleday Brothers and Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Doubleday, Fred U. (Fred Ulysses), 1869-1963 1
- Doubleday, Ward F. 1