Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 32
Scope and Contents Although titled A. L. Pratt and Co, this company could not be located. A. L Pratt appears to be Arthur L. Pratt. Pratt was described as a capitalist in one directory. His house was included a 1909 picture book of Kalamazoo, and he and his wife appear in the Kalamazoo Gazette. He was in the wagon business with George Winans under the Winans, Pratt, and Co. name. The company went out of business around 1893. It is found in that years directory, but by 1895 Pratt is associated with Specialty...
Dates: ca. 1890
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents pertaining to Alvan Motor Freight, Inc., and various acquisition agreements carried out between Alvan, Putnam Transfer, and Daum. Also, the collection includes internal documents related to the production of a hand book for non-union employees, as well as various bank loan agreements.
Scope and Contents “Precision Tools and Dies” is a general informational/ advertisement booklet for the American Tool & Die Works company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan from 1937 to roughly about 1955. This booklet provides a map displaying the company’s wide variety of distribution around the area of Kalamazoo, reaching as far as Indiana, Ohio, and various cities in the northern and eastern areas of Michigan. The booklet also contains some images, including the building of the company, and several of the...
Dates: ca. 1950
Scope and Contents A.W. Johnson retail store was opened on August 29, 1914 on 110 W. Main St. by Alfred Woodworth Johnson and Vernon McFee. On February 13, 1915 Alfred Woodworth bought out his partner Vernon McFee, making Alfred the president and sole owner of the company. Lawrence Barnes joined the company as a salesman in 1919 where he would work for Alfred Woodworth until Alfred’s retirement in 1958. Alfred would spend his remaining years as a Christian Science Practitioner until his death on July 16, 1961....
Scope and Contents The collection contains a card describing an exhibit on March 14th of an unknown year. The exhibit features treasures from the Orient and was directed by Miss Vashti B. Kaye of Seattle.
Dates: Card announces exhibit on March 14 of an unknown year. It is known that the shop existed from 1909-1932.
Scope and Contents The items contained within this collection date from the era of Charles Clarage’s son, Harry Clarage. During the time of Harry Clarage, the company experienced an expansion in scope, and a subsequent need for facility expansion. In 1957, Clarage Fan Company upgraded from their previous plant of 200,000 sq. ft. to one of 340,000 sq. ft. From there, the company continued to thrive, was seen as a lucrative opportunity to outside investors, and was purchased by Twin City Fan Companies Ltd. in 1997....
Abstract The collection is composed of one newsletter titled, "Microphone" produced by the CBS-Hytron Company located in Kalamazoo, dated March 1956.
Scope and Contents C.H. Dickinson’s General Hardware was a hardware store on N. Burdick St. during the latter part of the 19th century. The store moved locations in 1884, but stayed within the 100-200 block of Burdick St. The store was owned and ran by Chase H. Dickinson, who was born on 8 December 1837 in Vermont. In the 1870 U.S. Census Mr. Dickinson is living in South Haven, MI. By 1880, Dickinson was living in Kalamazoo. The earliest his general hardware store on Burdick St was found is 1881 in Kalamazoo City...
Abstract The collection is composed of photographs from the E.B. Russell grocery store and house, and photographs and a journal from the Cooper Township School District #1. The items date from 1851 to 1945.
- Subject: Business enterprises -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo X
- Clarage Fan Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 2
- Kalamazoo Sled Company 2
- A. W. Johnson Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- A.K. Edwards and Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- A.L. Pratt & Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Alvan Motor Freight Inc. 1
- American Tool & Die Works (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- American Tool & Engineering Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Blossom Shop (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Blossom, Alice E., -1936 1
- C. H. Dickinson General Hardware (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- CBS-Hytron Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin, Charles 1
- Chase H. Dickinson 1
- Clarage Division of Zurn Industrial (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Clarage Foundry and Manufacturing (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Clarage and Sons (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Comstock Manufacturing Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- D. C. Wooden Company 1
- D. C. and H. C. Reed and Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Demming School (Cooper Township, Mich.) 1
- Dickinson, Chase H., 1837-1893 1
- Dolson Automobile Company (Charlotte, Mich.) 1
- Douglas, Geo A. 1
- Douglas, Orson 1
- Dunwell Drug Company 1
- E.B. Russell Grocery (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- E.J. Kelly Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Edwards & Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Fisher, Holly J. 1
- General Gas Light Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Hall, Freeman 1
- Hammond Machinery Inc. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Jackson, Charles Arthur, 1915-2005 1
- Kalamazoo Creamery Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company 1
- Kalamazoo Publishing Company 1
- Kalamazoo and Suburban Express Company 1
- Kelly, Eugene, 1890-1964 1
- Kromdyk & Son (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kromdyk, Peter, 1859-1935 1
- Kromdyk, Roy P., 1884-1961 1
- Lacey-Webber Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Lull Carriage Company 1
- McCaul's Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Michigan Buggy Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Milwood news 1
- Morgan, Ward C., 1907-1997 1
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company 1
- Pease & Son Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Phelps & Bigelow Windmill Company 1
- Remington Rand, Inc. 1
- Robert G. McCaul 1
- Russell, E.B. 1
- SmartShop Metal Arts Center (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- SmartShop Metalworking School and Art Gallery 1
- Steward, L.J. 1
- Taylor, Theophilus, 1849-1922 1
- Van Zoeren, Albert, 1898-1970 1
- Van Zoeren, Charles A. 1
- VanderWeele, C. John 1
- Wooden, Durward C., 1892-1986 1
- Yonkerman Chemical Company 1
- Yonkerman, Derk P., 1859-1923 1 ∧ less