Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 25
Scope and Contents The writer of the diary is Amanda Crossman who was born as Amanda M. Burlingame in Governuer, St Lawrence, New York, USA on 15 July, 1818. She married Luther G Crossman in West Bloomfield, Ontario, New York, USA on 19 April, 1837 until his death in 1879. The two lived for the majority of their lives in the town of Marengo in Calhoun County Michigan and had eight children starting with John Sidney (who died in infancy), George Harvey, Montgomery, Caroline (who died when she was five years old),...
Abstract Series of letters, notes, drawings, and worksheets that Father Anthony kept from June 22, 1972 - September 29, 1974. These journal entries, written as letters, detail his spiritual journey and his life over this two-year period. The heading or title that appears on many of the entries is "A Trappist Writes to God."
Scope and Contents Effie’s diary covers the events of her daily life throughout 1929. Such events include the chores she performed on certain days as well as the social activities she did with Arthur and their friends. On the days that do not have descriptions on her activities, Effie described what the weather was like. In addition, she describes the decline of Arthur’s health until his passing. In addition to the diary, the collection also includes photographs of the couple and educational documents. Arthur...
Scope and Contents Most of the correspondence is letters to Norton Pearl, Betty Beeby, and Jane Beeby, but letters to other family members (Ethel, Myrtle, and Dorothy Pearl, etc) are included as well. In addition, the collection also consists of letters to Loran Post, the Dahne family, Henry Graves, the Waite family, and the Yunker family. The diaries belong to John W. Pearl, Norton Pearl (ranging from 1890 to1954), Alice Pearl, and Myrtle Pearl. The bulk of the photographs are from Glacier National Park and...
Overview The collection is composed of two diaries written by Burton C. Waite from Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1889 and 1890.
Scope and Contents The collection contains material relation to Caroline Bartlett Crane's personal and public life as a Unitarian minister, a social and urban reformer, suffragist, and early conservationist. Papers include personal and professional correspondence, speeches, sermons, articles,articles, travel journals, scrapbooks, biographical material, and photographs. Papers relating to women's issues of the early 20th century include: correspondence with suffragists Anna Howard Shaw, Susan B. Anthony, and Jane...
Abstract The collection consists of one diary written from January 1 until December 31, 1915 by Christine Ott, age seventeen, who lived in Coldwater, Michigan.
Abstract The collection is composed of notebooks, diaries and miscellaneous papers dating from 1925 until 1952 that belonged to Donald and Donna Boudeman who lived in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Abstract The collection is composed of one five-year diary owned by Ella Sheldon Rogers (1874-1944) who spent the last 14 years of her life in the Michigan cities of Kalamazoo and Delton. The collection additionally has two letters from Ella's son-in-law Leon Leonard, a diploma for her daughter Eloyse Rogers Leonard, their marriage certificate and a family cookbook compiled for Eloyse Rogers Leonard along with a few single sheets.
Scope and Contents At the time the diary was written, Ellen lived with her husband, father, daughter, and two granddaughters in Pittsford, MI. The family owned a farm that they rented out to the Marlow family.Ellen and her family must have just recently moved to Pittsford, because in the 1900 census, they were living in Toledo, Ohio. Agnes and her husband were living in Sandusky, Ohio. Her daughter, Agnes (who is listed as Ella A. Lemmon in the 1900 Census), and Agnes’s daughters, Grace...
- Subject: Diaries X
- Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections 24
- Western Michigan University Special Collections 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- American Roentgen Ray Society 1
- Anthony, Susan B. (Susan Brownell), 1820-1906 1
- Bacon, Nathaniel, 1802-1869 1
- Beebe family 1
- Beeby, Betty, 1923-2015 1
- Bellesorte, Anthony R., approximately 1936- 1
- Bird, Charles Harold 1
- Boudeman, Donald O. 1
- Boudeman, Donald, 1880-1949 1
- Boudeman, Donna Nicholson, 1909-1987 1
- Bunkers, Suzanne L 1
- Crane, Augustus W., 1868-1937 1
- Crane, Caroline Bartlett, 1858-1935 1
- Crane, Mary Alice, 1913-1987 1
- Crossman, Amanda Burlingame, 1818-1899 1
- Crossman, Luther, 1808 -1879 1
- Decker, Ella Louise Squires, 1912-1998 1
- Decker, Frank Joseph, 1911-1965 1
- Finch family 1
- Fitch, Asa 1
- Ford, Arthur Homer, 1861-1929 1
- Ford, Ethia P. "Effie" Johnson, 1865-1936 1
- Graves, Henry S. 1
- Kalamazoo (Mich.). Police Department 1
- Leonard, Eloyse, 1898-1997 1
- Leonard, Leon 1
- Lobdell, Richard G. 1
- Lyon, Florence, 1859-1951 1
- Lyon, Fred, 1855-1924 1
- Lyon, Rexford, 1881-1911 1
- Lyon, Walter, 1883-1962 1
- Michigan Asylum for the Insane 1
- Michigan State Normal School 1
- Michigan Teachers' Institute 1
- Nielsen, Robert Arthur, approximately 1928- 1
- Ott, Christine, 1898-1977 1
- Parmater, John, 1792-1863 1
- Patrice Racette Sundstrand, 1924-2009 1
- Patterson, Marian Bugbee, 1840-1895 1
- Pearl family 1
- Pearl, Norton, 1878-1960 1
- Penny, Harry M. 1
- People's Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Rogers, Ella Sheldon 1
- Shaw, Anna Howard, 1847-1919 1
- Sheckles, Marquerite, 1906- 1
- Smith, Richard, 1839-1920 1
- Sternburgh, Orville J., 1894-1966 1
- Sundstrand, Patrice Racette 1
- United States. Army. American Expeditionary Forces 1
- United States. Army. Michigan Cavalry Regiment, 1st (1861-1866) 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 118th (1862-1865). Company B 1
- United States. Army. New York Infantry Regiment, 118th (1862-1865). Company E 1
- Waite family 1
- Waite, Burton C. 1
- Waite, Preserved 1
- Western Michigan College of Education 1
- Western Michigan University 1
- Wilson, Ellen Lake, 1852-1945 1
- Women's Civic Improvement League (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Zuckerman, Jerome, 1945-2017 1
- Zuckerman, Ruth Van Horn 1 ∧ less