Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Contents This collection contains documents dating from the late 1940s to 2008. The collected papers reflect the life work of Betty Louise Fouch, including her personal published and unpublished writings, a variety of correspondences with family and friends, genealogical information, newspaper clippings from local and non-local sources, paperwork related to Betty’s health, divorce, and children, a substantial amount of addressed and unaddressed cards, as well as myriad lists and miscellaneous ephemeral...
Scope and Contents Letters written by Clyde Vern Cory to his wife, Molly, and his family while he was serving in World War I, November 21,1917- April 21, 1919. The letters reveal that he did not face combat, but was part of a military band that played often for newly recruited soldiers and nurses in hospitals and town squares. However, it is not clear what instrument Clyde played. Clyde spent the majority of his time enlisted training in Camp Custer, Battle Creek, MI, and Camp Mills, Long Island, NY. He served...
Scope and Contents Letters exchanged between Esther Morris Rasmussen (1914-1991), her immediate family, and friends, 1930-1980. The collection includes correspondence from Leo. Brown, Jr. to Esther, 1934-1939 and letters from Esther’s five brothers, Richard, Edward, Walter G., Robert S. and Harold during their service in the armed forces during World War II. Included are letters exchanged in early 1945 in regards to Robert’s untimely death in an airplane crash, as well as Harold’s abrupt marriage later in the...
Scope and Contents Lieutenant Colonel Edward C. Van Haaften papers, 1917-1946, include letters by Edward C. Van Haaften during his World War I Army service, as an electrician, 102nd Aero Squad, American Expeditionary Forces; French motor repair manual; a letter written after active duty in World War II; numerous photographs from both World War I and World War II.
Scope and Contents Collection contains three photograph albums and a scrapbook. Two photograph albums belonged to unidentified German soldiers in World War I, and contain images from approximately 1911-1918. Photograph album of Paul Hohendorn, a medical officer on the Eastern Front in World War I, with label naming Albert Borowski and a handwritten note, "Onkel, Paul im Kriegseinsatz Ost 1914/18". Accordion spine scrapbook, "Meine Stationer als Soldat im Weltkrieg 1914-1918." Scrapbook belonged to Paul Pommer, a...
- Subject: World War, 1914-1918 -- Personal narratives X
- Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections 4
- Western Michigan University Special Collections 1
- Anders, Jennie 1
- Bridges, Arthur 1
- Camp Albert L. Mills (N.Y.) 1
- Cory, Clyde Vern, 1889-1976 1
- Cory, Marguerite (Molly) Bernice Bosworth, 1893-1960 1
- ETANDA Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Eat and Dance Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- First Presbyterian Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Fort Custer (Mich.) 1
- Fouch, Betty Louise Spaulding Kohler 1
- Hohendorn, Paul 1
- Kalamazoo Central High School 1
- Kalamazoo County Pomona Grange, No. 82 (Kalamazoo County, Michigan) 1
- Kalamazoo Public Library 1
- Morris, Edward, 1918-1991 1
- Morris, Harold, 1925-2009 1
- Morris, Lillian V. Steinbauer, 1890-1985 1
- Morris, Richard B., 1891-1974 1
- Morris, Richard E., 1916-1987 1
- Morris, Robert S., 1923-1945 1
- Morris, Walter G., 1921-2011 1
- Peterson, Faith 1
- Pommer, Paul 1
- Rasmussen, Cornelia Brown, 1890-1965 1
- Rasmussen, Esther Morris, 1914-1991 1
- Rasmussen, Leo B., Jr., 1914-1988 1
- Rasmussen, Leo B., Sr., 1890-1975 1
- United States. Army. Air Service. Aero Squadron, 102nd 1
- Van Haaften, Edward C., 1894-1967 1
- Van Haaften, Ruth, 1896-1990 1
- Wirtz, Edwin 1 ∧ less