Found in 28 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is composed of ledgers, photographs, catalogs, promotional material and other miscellaneous items from the Doubleday Brothers and Company which produced blank books, forms for schools, banks and governments and stationery and also printed and sold office supplies and furniture. The company began in 1898 and left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.
The New Michigan Hotel opened in 1912 at 413 North Burdick, on the west side of North Burdick between Kalamazoo Avenue and the Michigan Central Railroad train station. In 1926, the address changed to 421 and it remained in business until 1964. These hotel registers run from September, 1923 until April, 1928.