Subject Source: Local sources
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents In 1896, Bronson Methodist Hospital got its start when land was acquired by a group of physicians fearing Kalamazoo’s growing population would outgrow the capabilities of Borgess Hospital, the only hospital in the city at the time. Just after the beginning of the 20th century, the same group physicians formed the Kalamazoo Hospital Association and opened the Kalamazoo Hospital in a house on John Street. In 1903, the ground was broke for a brand new hospital building. On 5 December 1905, the new...