Kalamazoo Publishing Company
According to the Compendim of history and biography of Kalamazoo County, Mich., the Kalamazoo Publishing Company was originally founded in 1844 by L. B. Kendall, L. M. Gates, O. and R. Illing, Dwight May, George M. Buck and Arthur Brown. L. B. Originally a joint stock company, the Kalamazoo Publishing Company merged with the Kalamazoo Telegraph when Lucius Kendall became the joint propietor with James Stone in March 1874.
Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is composed of ledgers, photographs, catalogs, promotional material and other miscellaneous items from the Doubleday Brothers and Company which produced blank books, forms for schools, banks and governments and stationery and also printed and sold office supplies and furniture. The company began in 1898 and left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.
The collection is composed of a single pamphlet from the commemorative funeral service of former President James A. Garfield held at the Presbyterian Church at Kalamazoo dating from 1881.
Bindery lists customers, clients, addresses, description of project, style of binding, and cost. Clients include schools, individuals, libraries, governments. Names include Durant-Dort Carriage Company, Northern Michigan Asylum and the Honorable A.M. Todd. Binding projects include books, magazines, journals.