Pere Marquette Railroad
According to the Pere Marquette Historical Society, the Pere Marquette Railroad Company was formed in 1900 by the merger of numerous Michigan railroads, the most prominent of them being the Flint and Pere Marquette, the Detroit, Grand Rapids and Western, and the Chicago and West Michigan. During its existence, it came under the control of several other railroads at one time or another, including the Baltimore and Ohio and the Erie. In the 1920s, it came under the control of Oris and Mantis Van Sweringen, two financiers from Cleveland who also controlled the Nickel Plate, the Erie, and the Chesapeake and Ohio. Over the years, the C & O gained more and more control over the PM, until on June 6, 1947 the PM was formally merged into the Chesapeake and Ohio.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
The collection is composed of register books from the Michigan Central Railroad and Chicago, Kalamazoo and Saginaw Railroad and a ledger from the Pere Marquette Railroad.
The collection is composed of two Personal Injuries Ledger kept by the Pere Marquette Railroad Company through the years 1912-1915.