Milwood Elementary School (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
The first school in the Milwood area of Kalamazoo, Michigan was a two-room schoolhouse on Portage Road built in the 1880s. In 1921 the current Milwood Elemenary School was built on Lovers Lane. The first section of the building consisted of a gym and three classrooms. At that time the total enrollment was one hundred students. Milwood was its own school district until 1955 when the district voted to become a part of the Kalamazoo Public Schools.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Scope and Contents Material from the Milwood Elementary School, Kalamazoo, Michigan, include black-and-white and color photographs of school and class group photographs; record books; account books and scrapbooks from the Milwood Mothers Club.