Fidlar Doubleday (Davenport : Iowa)
Doubleday Brothers and Company began in 1898 when two brothers, Fred U. and Ward F. Doubleday, sons of Abner Doubleday purchased the bindery of the Kalamazoo Publishing Company. Initially they sold supplies wholesale to banks and governments but later got into the retail market. At first their store was located on South Burdick, but later moved to the east side of the 300 block of North Burdick and by 1913 to 241 East Michigan otherwise known as the Ihling-Cone Building.
The company left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The collection is composed of ledgers, photographs, catalogs, promotional material and other miscellaneous items from the Doubleday Brothers and Company which produced blank books, forms for schools, banks and governments and stationery and also printed and sold office supplies and furniture. The company began in 1898 and left Kalamazoo in 2005. It exists as a digital printing company called Fidlar Doubleday and is located in Iowa.