Alphadelphia Association (Organization)
The Alphadelphia Society was formed in March 1844 and originally there were 56 members from Wayne, Oakland, Washtenaw, Genesee, Jackson, Eaton, Calhoun, and Kalamazoo counties. The societies first and only known president was Dr. H. R. Schettery of Ann Arbor. Dr. Shettery’s vision for the society was for an Arcadian healthfulness and enjoyment of Spartan fidelity and frugality, however the society closed in April 1848.
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
This collection consists of one folder containing a newsletter from the Alphadelphia Society called the “Primitive Expounder” (no.15) dated June 12, 1845.