Allied Paper Corporation
The Allied Paper Corporation was founded in Kalamazoo in 1921 under the name Allied Paper Mills. The company was formed from three smaller paper mills and became one of the largest producers of book-paper in America during the 1920’s and 1930’s. The company was later acquired in 1967 by Smith Corona Marchant (SCM) Corporation but would continue to employ over 1,300 people in Kalamazoo. The company would change hands many more times until, in 1988, the company became defunct.
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
This collection contains materials related to the Allied Paper Corporation of Kalamazoo, MI and one of its supervisors, Joseph Bodmer (1882 – 1975).