Gordimer, Nadine. Correspondence: Callan-Gordimer 1969-1970 (Nadine Gordimer letter originals)
Scope and Contents
This archive primarily contains articles from a variety of journals, magazines and newspapers by Alan Paton and correspondence between Edward Callan and Paton, as well as Paton's wife, Anne; and son, Jonathan. It also contains correspondence between Callan, Nadine Gordimer, Albert J. Luthuli, and other prominent South African anti-apartheid activists. Many of the journal issues included in the collection are from Reality: a journal of liberal & radical opinion (1962-1992). There are also reviews of Paton's work by Callan, articles by Callan, typescripts of speeches and plays, and an audio cassette of a speech given by Paton in 1970.
- 1920-2001; bulk 1922-1994
- Other: Date acquired: 12/1996
Conditions Governing Access
WMU Special Collections. Non-circulating. Contact department for access.
From the Collection: 12 boxes : The Alan Paton Archive is housed in 12 archival boxes (approximately 5 linear feet).
Language of Materials
From the Collection: English
- From the Collection: Callan, Edward (Edward Thomas O'Dwyer), 1917-2011 (Compiler, Person)
- From the Collection: Callan, Edward (Edward Thomas O'Dwyer), 1917-2011 (Correspondent, Person)
- From the Collection: Paton, Anne, 1927- (Correspondent, Person)
- From the Collection: Gordimer, Nadine (Correspondent, Person)
- From the Collection: Luthuli, A. J. (Albert John), 1898-1967 (Correspondent, Person)
Part of the Western Michigan University Special Collections Repository
Western Michigan University Libraries, Special Collections
Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US