American Women's Poetry Miscellaneous Correspondence and Ephemera Collection
This collection is an assortment of correspondence and ephemera associated with American Women poets or other authors or artists from the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. It contains materials pertaining to Margaret Atwood, Amy Clampitt, April Eiler, Nikki Giovanni, Sylvia Plath, May Sarton and others.
Physical Description: Consists of one archival box (approx. 0.5 linear feet). Items include letters, postcards, greeting cards, newspaper articles, announcements, small printed and signed poems, commemorative stamps, bookmarks and sales receipts.
- Majority of material found within Bulk 1904-1994
- Clampitt, Amy (Correspondent, Person)
Conditions Governing Access
WMU Special Collections. Non-circulating. Contact department for access.
An assortment of individually purchased or donated correspondence and ephemera associated with American women poets or other authors.
Source of Acquisition
Method of Acquisition Purchase and donation
- American poetry -- 19th century
- American poetry -- 20th century
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence
- Francis, Lesley Lee, 1931-
- Jong, Erica
- Minty, Judith, 1937-
- Piercy, Marge
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977
- American Women's Poetry Miscellaneous Correspondence and Ephemera Collection Finding Aid
- Laura Cook
- Description rules
- Language of description