Skip to main content

Library Link, 2006-2008

 File — Box: 1, Folder: 14
Identifier: Folder 14

Scope and Contents

From the Collection: The Kalamazoo Public Library dates its beginnings to 1872 when they formally opened to the general public although they began earlier in the 1850s as a school library. Currently they serve the residents of the Kalamazoo Public Library District which is includes the City of Kalamazoo, Kalamazoo and Oshtemo Townships. There also is a folder here for the Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library (previously known as the Friends of the Kalamazoo Public Library and Museum). The Kalamazoo Public Library is composed of the Central Library and four branches: Washington Square, Alma Powell, Eastwood and Oshtemo. This collection contains items from the branches along with items from the various departments, for example, Children's, Young Adult, Reference, Adult Services along with programs they sponsor like Ready to Read and Reading Together. The items in this collection are organized according to department, program or event. In addition there are copies of the most recent newsletter called Library Links which began in 1999 and continues to be published as of 2011. Any additional items to this collection will be added to the respective folder although new categories can be created as needed. The folders are organized in alphabetical order.

Dates

  • Created: 2006-2008

Conditions Governing Access

No restrictions

Extent

From the Collection: 0.50 Cubic Feet

Language of Materials

From the Collection: English

Creator

Repository Details

Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository

Contact:
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US
(269) 387-8490