Pavilion Township Treasurer
Scope and Contents
The ledger starts in 1902 with the first listed treasurer, H. H. Sherwood and ends with Hart Fisher in 1915. However, for the years of 1909 and 1910 no treasurer is listed. This is also seen on the backside of the receipt where there is another list of treasurers with that one missing. Today the city hall is located at 7510 Q Ave E, Scotts, MI 49088-9760.
Biographical / Historical
Pavilion Township is a civil township located in Kalamazoo County, just outside of the cities of Kalamazoo and Portage.
1 Volumes ; 14”x 8 ½”x 1 ¼”
Language of Materials
The collection is composed of a ledger, 14” x 8 ½” x 1 ¼” and a receipt 8” x 2 ¼”. The ledger was made by the Ihling Brothers and Everard Company in Kalamazoo. The ledger has a red leather spine and corners with a black cover. The ledger was used by at least five treasurers between 1902 and 1915. Though the spine of the ledger is starting to chip off, the ledger is still in relatively good shape with its original binding still intact.
The receipt, found between two pages of the ledger, has a list of numbers with a small amount of hand writing on it. There are a few folds as well.
The collection is composed of a small receipt and ledger from the Pavilion Township Treasurer detailing the expenses and financial information from 1902 to 1915.
The pages have slightly yellowed and on page 123 there is what appears to be a small burn. Ledgers were acquired from the Starring Endowment.
- Pavilion Township Treasurer Finding Aid
- Bradley Kiczenski
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US