Skip to main content

St. Luke's Episcopal Church Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-1656
The collection is composed of materials collected from St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The items date from 1903 to 1995 although this is an open collection and more items will be added when available.

Dates

  • 1903-2011

Creator

Physical Description

The collection amounts to .05 cubic feet and is composed of annual reports and a chronological souvenir from St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The items date from 1903 to 1995. There collection includes the Chronological Souvenir printed in 1903, a newsletter from 1962 and five annual reports from 1972 to 1995. The items are generally measured 8 ½"x7" to 5 ¾"x8". They are in good shape although the 125th anniversary newsletter has been folded and yellowed. One of the annual reports has some writing on it. The chronological souvenir from 1903 is in fairly good condition although the binding is a little loose. It has black-and-white photographs of the congregation's various church buildings and parish house.

Conditions Governing Access

No restrictions

Extent

0.05 Cubic Feet

Biographical / Historical

St. Luke's Episcopal Church began in 1837. Its first church was located on the southwest corner of South Park and West Main Streets. In 1884 they combined with St. John's Episcopal Church, located on the south side of Lovell Street between South Park and South Rose Streets and a new church building was completed the next year for both congregations.

Related Materials

St. Luke's Episcopal Church History from the Kalamazoo Public Library. Written by Fred Peppel, Kalamazoo Public Library staff, October 2005.

Physical Description

The collection amounts to .05 cubic feet and is composed of annual reports and a chronological souvenir from St. Luke's Episcopal Church in Kalamazoo, Michigan. The items date from 1903 to 1995. There collection includes the Chronological Souvenir printed in 1903, a newsletter from 1962 and five annual reports from 1972 to 1995. The items are generally measured 8 ½"x7" to 5 ¾"x8". They are in good shape although the 125th anniversary newsletter has been folded and yellowed. One of the annual reports has some writing on it. The chronological souvenir from 1903 is in fairly good condition although the binding is a little loose. It has black-and-white photographs of the congregation's various church buildings and parish house.
Title
St. Luke's Episcopal Church Collection Finding Aid
Status
completed
Author
Lynn Houghton
Date
2012-10-12
Description rules
dacs
Language of description
English

Repository Details

Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository

Contact:
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US
(269) 387-8490