Edwards & Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.)
Found in 2 Collections and/or Records:
Abstract The collection is composed of materials from the Edwards and Chamberlin Hardware Company, a Kalamazoo firm in business from 1889 until 1931. The materials date from 1911 until 1931.
File — Box: 1, Folder: 6
Identifier: Folder 6
Scope and Contents From the Collection: According to the Ross Coller file, the firm became known as Edwards and Chamberlin in June, 1889 when Charles Chamberlin purchased the interest of L.J. Steward in the A.K. Edwards and Company. At that time the company was located at 130 W. Main which was on the north side of West Main just east of Rose Street. They later moved across the street to the south side a little farther east. Four years later the company purchased the hardware firm of Chase H. Dickinson and moved to the Dickinson...