Skip to main content

The Edwards and Chamberlin Hardware Company Catalog, 1916

 File — Box: 1, Folder: 6
Identifier: Folder 6
According to the Ross Coller file, the firm became known as Edwards and Chamberlin in June, 1889 when Charles Chamberlin purchased the interest of L.J. Steward in the A.K. Edwards and Company. At that time the company was located at 130 W. Main which was on the north side of West Main just east of Rose Street. They later moved across the street to the south side a little farther east. Four years later the company purchased the hardware firm of Chase H. Dickinson and moved to the Dickinson location at the Waterbury Block at the southeast corner of North Burdick and East Water Street. In 1908, the Edwards and Chamberlin moved to a newly constructed building on the north side of East Michigan at the intersection of Portage Street and remained in business until 1931.

Dates

  • 1916

Creator

Extent

From the Collection: 0.25 Cubic Feet

Repository Details

Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository

Contact:
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US
(269) 387-8490