File — Box: 12, Folder: 6
Identifier: Folder 6
The first comic collection is comprised of DC, Marvel and other comics that were donated by Eric Lean, a physician employed by Western Michigan University, at the Sindecuse Health Center. This collection is known as the A & M Lean Collection, named in honor of the donor's two daughters. Prominently featured among the DC and Marvel comics are Avengers, Batman, Captain America, Catwoman, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Incredible Hulk, Justice League of America, Superman and X-Men. The second collection is comprised of Dutch-language Donald Duck comics donated by Western Michigan University alumnus, Jeff Reid.
Physical Description: The A & M Lean Collection takes up 45 linear feet. The comics are in excellent condition; most are inside protective Mylar sleeves and they are stored in 37 typical collector's boxes available through comic collecting suppliers. The Jeff Reid Collection consists of one linear foot (2 archival boxes). Some of the comics in this collection are slightly worn, but in very good condition overall.
- Publication: 1986-2011
- Other: Majority of material found within 1992-2010
- Other: Date acquired: 2011
From the Collection: 39 boxes
- From the Collection: DC Comics, Inc. (Publisher, Organization)
- From the Collection: Marvel Comics Group (Publisher, Organization)
- From the Collection: Top Cow Productions (Publisher, Organization)
- From the Collection: Walt Disney Company (Publisher, Organization)
- From the Collection: WildStorm Productions (Publisher, Organization)