Skip to main content

Traffic Club of Kalamazoo Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-4214

Scope and Contents

The collection contains 27 booklets from the Traffic Club of Kalamazoo. The booklets include rosters and membership lists.

Dates

  • 1929-1999

Creator

Biographical / Historical

The Traffic Club of Kalamazoo was originally organized on November 1, 1920. The name was changed to Kalamazoo Transportation Club on December 1, 1953. By 1989 the group was named the Southwest Michigan Transportation Club.

The club was an organization of professions having a common interest in issues facing transportation users and providers.

Extent

27 Volumes

Language of Materials

English

Arrangement

Rosters and membership booklets are arranged by the named of the organization at the time.

Immediate Source of Acquisition

Collection was transferred to the WMU Archives from the Kalamazoo Valley Genealogical Society in February 2020 with the permission of the KVGS Board.

Physical Description

The 27 booklets range in size from 5.5 inches to 8.75 inches in height and 3.5 inches to 4 inches wide.
Title
Traffic Club of Kalamazoo Collection finding aid
Author
Stephanie Chapman
Date
2020-09-28
Language of description
English
Script of description
Latin

Repository Details

Part of the Western Michigan University Archives & Regional History Collections Repository

Contact:
Charles C. and Lynn L. Zhang Legacy Collections Center
1650 Oakland Drive
Kalamazoo MI 49008-5307 US
(269) 387-8490