Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Fontana Festival of Music and Art/Fontana Chamber Arts Collection
This collection is composed of materials from the Fontana Festival of Music and Art and the Chamber Music Society, covering a period of 1980 to 2014. The summer festival was held for many years at The Art Emporium in Shelbyville, Michigan. However, year-round concerts are currently held at several venues in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Kalamazoo Bach Festival
Scope and Contents One of Kalamazoo’s oldest music organizations, the Kalamazoo Bach festival was founded by the Professor of Music at Kalamazoo College, Henry Overley, in 1946. He wanted to bring the town together to experience the joy of making music and create something inspiring, in particular, to recreate the instrumental music and choral of J.S. Bach and his contemporaries. Participants include visiting artists, local professional musicians, college and high school students, and even amateur performers....
- Art festivals -- Michigan -- Shelbyville 1
- Art festivals -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Music festivals -- Michigan -- Shelbyville 1
- concert programs 1
- newsletters 1
- Fontana Chamber Arts (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Fontana Festival of Art and Music (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Bach Festival (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Overley, Henry, 1894-1967 1