Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
Scope and Contents The collection contains two teacher's register books by Charlotte DeLano Ingerson (1838-1934). It is not known when she began teaching but the Teacher’s Register book begins in 1857 when she was nineteen. In the 1860 census she is recorded as a school teacher living with her parents. The last entry in the Teacher’s Register is in 1862 and the certification is for 1863 but it is not known when she stopped teaching although it may have been either when she married or right before....
Dates: Majority of material found within 1857-1863
Scope and Contents The first school opened for School District #2 in Kalamazoo Township around 1833.Nicknamed, “Toad Hollow,” it was located at the corner of Parkview and Knox Avenues in what is now known as the Oakwood neighborhood. In 1884, the school moved to the present site of the Public Safety station for the Kalamazoo Department of Public Safety on Parkview Avenue between Laird and Barnard Streets. At that time the school became known as Lake View and in 1908 renamed Oakwood Park School.From 1908 until...
- Subject: Schools -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo County X