Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
An assortment of individually purchased or donated correspondence and ephemera associated with American women poets or other authors.
The majority of this collection is correspondence between American poet Besmilr Brigham and American poet / editor Will Inman between 1977 and 1978. It also includes typescripts and proofs of Brigham's poems and short stories, as well as two photographs.
Handwritten correspondence between the twentieth century American poet Denise Levertov (1923 - 1997) and writer / English professor Alan Helms (1937-). Also includes legal document listing Helms as co-trustee of the Denise Levertov Trust.
Articles by or about W.H. Auden collected by Western Michigan University English Professor emeritus Edward Callan, including articles by Callan himself, correspondence, copies of The Griffin (1954-1960), and The Mid-Century Review (1960-1963).
Correspondence of the poet Howard Hilles and the poet and younger sister of President Theodore Roosevelt, Corinne Roosevelt Robinson. Includes handwritten poems exchanged by the two poets and photographs.
Personal papers of twentieth century American poet John Woods, including drafts of individual poems and book manuscripts, research materials, academic career files, photographs, cassette tape recordings. Also associated with this collection are 987 books from the poet's personal library, many inscribed by the authors (the books are cataloged separately and searchable through the WMU Libraries online catalog)
Collected correspondence between writer, English professor and translator Dr. Judith Moffett (1942-) and other poets and writers. Over 400 letters, notes, postcards, and cards all addressed to Dr. Moffett covering a period from 1963 to 1996. Includes letters from George Abbe, Isaac Asimov, Peter Beagle Marvin Bell, Wendell Berry, David Bromwich, Paul Engle, Seamus Heaney, Donald Justice, Lisel Mueller, Alicia Ostriker, Grace Schulman, Paul Zelinsky and others.
Correspondence received by bookseller Ted (Theodore) Wilentz from the poets Diane di Prima and Barbara Guest between the late 1960s and late 1990s.
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 7
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 7
- Letters 4
- Poets, American -- 20th century 3
- American poetry -- 20th century 2
- Postcards 2
- American literature -- 20th century -- History and criticism 1
- American poetry -- 19th century 1
- Authors -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Books -- Reviews 1
- Ephemera 1
- Interviews 1
- Poets -- 20th century -- Correspondence 1
- Proofs (Printing) 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Serial publications 1
- Typescripts 1
- articles 1
- manuscripts (documents) 1
- writings (documents) 1 ∧ less
- Auden, W. H. (Wystan Hugh), 1907-1973 1
- Bergé, Carol, 1928-2006 1
- Brigham, Besmilr 1
- Callan, Edward (Edward Thomas O'Dwyer), 1917-2011 1
- Clampitt, Amy 1
- Crews, Judson 1
- Di Prima, Diane 1
- Francis, Lesley Lee, 1931- 1
- Guest, Barbara 1
- Helms, Alan 1
- Higginson, Thomas Wentworth, 1823-1911 1
- Hilles, Howard 1
- Inman, Will, 1923-2009 1
- Jong, Erica 1
- Levertov, Denise, 1923-1997 1
- Minty, Judith, 1937- 1
- Moffett, Judith, 1942- 1
- Piercy, Marge 1
- Robinson, Corinne Roosevelt, 1861-1933 1
- Sarton, May, 1912-1995 1
- Untermeyer, Louis, 1885-1977 1
- Wilentz, Ted 1
- Woods, John, 1926- 1 ∧ less