Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 11
Abstract The collection is composed of programs from the Academy of Music dating from 1882-1910.
Scope and Contents One of Kalamazoo’s oldest music organizations, the Kalamazoo Bach festival was founded by the Professor of Music at Kalamazoo College, Henry Overley, in 1946. He wanted to bring the town together to experience the joy of making music and create something inspiring, in particular, to recreate the instrumental music and choral of J.S. Bach and his contemporaries. Participants include visiting artists, local professional musicians, college and high school students, and even amateur performers....
Abstract The collection is composed of one scrapbook filled with programs, announcements, newspaper clippings and a menu from various Kalamazoo sites from 1912 to 1927.
Scope and Contents Kalamazoo Junior Symphony Society collection includes performance programs; orchestra rosters; publications by and about the society; audio-visual recordings; scrapbooks; color and black-and-white photographs. The audio/visual recordings include floppy disks; VHS; cassettes; reel to reel recordings; and compact disks.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1930's to Present
Abstract The collection is composed of one program from the Kalamazoo Madrigal Society dated May 1 and 2, 1911 from Kalamazoo, Michigan which was their Third Annual May Music Festival for the 1910-1911 season.
Dates: May 1911
Scope and Contents The Kalamazoo Oratorio Society was founded in 1955 by a group of individuals who were interested in bringing the message of Christmas to life through an inspiring oratorio performance of George Frederick Handel’s Messiah. The Society’s annual performance began a tradition that would grow to become one of the area’s largest non-professional arts organizations. In the 1960s, the Society added a spring performance of other major oratorios that steadily developed its national and international...
Abstract This collection is composed of programs from the Kalamazoo Philharmonic Concert series that were held in Kalamazoo beginning in 1923 and into 1930.
Abstract The collection is composed of eleven programs from the Kalamazoo Robert Burns Society and date from 1914 to 1927. The programs are from the annual dinner held in January.
Scope and Contents These two programs were for the 13th (1907) and the 14th (1908) annual banquets of the Lincoln Republican Club of Kalamazoo County both held at the AUV Auditorium on Portage Street. The programs contain a list of officers, music, menu, program and committee members for the event including the Reception Committee. There also are the words for the song, "America." Each year there would be an outside speaker in addition to addresses by the President, vocal selections and shorter speeches from...
Scope and Contents The piano recital took place in the evening on Tuesday, October 27, 1885, in Schoolcraft, MI. It featured performances by Miss M.F. Higbee, who was born in 1863 and would’ve been about 22 years old at the time of the recital; Mrs. J.H. Sanborn, the wife of John H. Sanborn, who lived at 716 Kalamazoo Ave. in 1885; and Walter Smith, of Schoolcraft, who played in the United States Marine Band under John Phillip Sousa. Smith was eventually named the Marine Band’s second leader, then acting leader,...
Dates: October 27, 1885
- Subject: Programs X
- Programs 8
- Concert Programs -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Theater Programs 2
- concert programs 2
- Concerts -- Michigan -- Schoolcraft 1
- Conservatories of Music -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Kalamazoo (Mich.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Kalamazoo (Mich.) -- Societies and clubs 1
- Music -- Societies, etc. 1
- Music festivals -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Musical groups -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Musical groups -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- Societies and clubs 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Symphony Orchestras -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo -- History 1
- Symphony orchestras -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- Theaters -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo 1
- newsletters 1
- souvenir programs 1 ∧ less
- Academy of Music (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Andrie, Eugene 1
- Burns, Robert, 1759-1796 1
- Higbee, Mary F., 1863- 1
- Kalamazoo Bach Festival (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Corset Co. 1
- Kalamazoo Junior Symphony Orchestra 1
- Kalamazoo Junior Symphony Society 1
- Kalamazoo Madrigal Society (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Oratorio Society 1
- Kalamazoo Philharmonic Concerts 1
- Kalamazoo Prep String Orchestra 1
- Kalamazoo Training Orchestra 1
- Koehler, Andrew 1
- Lincoln Republican Club of Kalamazoo County (Mich.) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Madame.Jannasch-Short Music Institute 1
- Overley, Henry, 1894-1967 1
- Park Club of Kalamazoo 1
- Robert Burns Society of Kalamazoo (Mich.) 1
- Sandborn, Rosa Herbert, 1854-1886 1
- Smith, Walter, 1859-1937 1
- State Theatre (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Stulberg, Julius 1
- Waldo, Dwight B. (Dwight Bryant), 1864-1939 1
- Western State Normal School (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1 ∧ less