Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 20
Abstract The collection is composed of one account book from the Acme Manufacturing Company which had been located in Kalamazoo, Michigan from about 1884 until 1885 or 1886.
Scope and Contents The Kalamazoo Police Department traces its beginnings to 1882. These ledgers record a variety of calls the department received many of which dealt with animals, both alive and deceased, theft, assaults, lost items, accidents, missing children, rubbish, dangerous sidewalks and people who were inebriated.The entries record the reports but do not cover what the police did to deal with what was being reported.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of one ledger owned by Benjamin C. Sheldon who was enrolled in Clark Commercial College in Kalamazoo. The ledger has work in it dated January to September, 1856.
Scope and Contents The collection contains material relation to Caroline Bartlett Crane's personal and public life as a Unitarian minister, a social and urban reformer, suffragist, and early conservationist. Papers include personal and professional correspondence, speeches, sermons, articles,articles, travel journals, scrapbooks, biographical material, and photographs. Papers relating to women's issues of the early 20th century include: correspondence with suffragists Anna Howard Shaw, Susan B. Anthony, and Jane...
Overview The collection is composed of two store ledgers dated 1852-1855 and 1859-1860 both from dry goods stores in Cassopolis, Cass County, Michigan.
Scope and Contents Claude Robinson (1880-1957) lived in Leonidas, Michigan. He owned a blacksmith shop where he occasionally created custom cabinets, shelves etc. His shop was located downtown on Main Street in Leonidas. He worked until he passed away at age 77. This ledger contains all expenditures and transactions that took place from January 1, 1908-August 30, 1909. He frequently did shoeing jobs and repaired buggies among other tasks. Dr. Syndergaard’s notes on the ledger are located in the donor file.
Abstract The collection is composed of materials from the Edwards and Chamberlin Hardware Company, a Kalamazoo firm in business from 1889 until 1931. The materials date from 1911 until 1931.
Scope and Contents The children sketched on some of the pages were probably Rhea and Martha Mcewen, the daughters of H. C. Mcewen. H. C. Mcewen worked for the public highways in Leonidas in 1888. They signed her name to a few pages. Rhea Mcewen was born in 1912 and Martha Mcewen was born in 1914, both in Leonidas, Michigan.
Scope and Contents It is not certain who the people recorded in this ledger are or to whom it belonged. C. L. Bower is probably Charles Bower. He was born in Germany in 1831 and immigrated to the US in 1867 where he worked as a Farm Laborer in Paw Paw, Michigan.
Scope and Contents From the business statement we know that his Jeweler store was for some time located at 49 N. Main Street, Three Rivers. By 1964 it appears that Dooley had moved his business to a new location at 111 ½ W. Michigan Street. This may have been caused by new jewelers moving into the area, as seen within the 1964 Telephone Directory which has three jewelers all listed on N. Main Street. Although this directory does not list Dooley’s store.
- Subject: account books X
- A.K. Edwards and Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Acme Manufacturing Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Addams, Jane, 1860-1935 1
- American Roentgen Ray Society 1
- Anthony, Susan B. (Susan Brownell), 1820-1906 1
- Beeson, B. F. 1
- Bourne family 1
- Bower, Charles L., 1831- 1
- Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin, Charles 1
- Chase H. Dickinson 1
- Clark Commercial College (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Crane, Augustus W., 1868-1937 1
- Crane, Caroline Bartlett, 1858-1935 1
- Crane, Mary Alice, 1913-1987 1
- Dooley, Lloyd S., 1896-1979 1
- Edwards & Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Ferris, Wilcox & Co. (Leonidas, Mich.) 1
- First National Bank and Trust Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Griffin family 1
- Hinga, Dirk, 1861-1928 1
- Hinga, Frederick Martin, 1926-2012 1
- Hinga, Marvin, 1891-1951 1
- Hinga, Mildred Quigley, 1897-1994 1
- Hinga, Shawn 1
- Kalamazoo Public Schools 1
- Kalamazoo Sled Company 1
- Kingsbury, Charles Henry 1
- Lighthouse Funeral and Cremation (Athens, Mich.) 1
- Loney, Wayne H. 1
- McCaul's Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Oakwood School District, Kalamazoo County, Mich. 1
- Pease & Son Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- People's Church (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Pierce, Ardis J. (Ardis Jean), 1944-2013 1
- Pope family 1
- Quigley family 1
- Ritter, Joseph K. 1
- Robert G. McCaul 1
- Robinson, Claude, 1880-1957 1
- Shaw, Anna Howard, 1847-1919 1
- Simmons, Orville C., approximately 1827- 1
- South Side Club (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Spencer Lighthouse of Athens (Athens, Mich.) 1
- Steward, L.J. 1
- Taylor, Theophilus, 1849-1922 1
- Women's Civic Improvement League (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1 ∧ less