Skip to main content Skip to search Skip to search results

Buildings -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 11 Collections and/or Records:

Aerial photograph, ca.1939

 File — Box 1, Folder: 5
Identifier: Folder 5
Scope and Contents Shows entire complex of buildings, no renamed Remington Building.
Dates: ca.1939

Aerial Photograph, ca. 1939

 File — Box 1, Folder: 6
Identifier: Folder 6
Scope and Contents Shows entire complex of buildings now renamed Remington Building.
Dates: ca. 1939

Clarage Fan Company building

 File — Box 1, Folder: 23
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The items contained within this collection date from the era of Charles Clarage’s son, Harry Clarage. During the time of Harry Clarage, the company experienced an expansion in scope, and a subsequent need for facility expansion. In 1957, Clarage Fan Company upgraded from their previous plant of 200,000 sq. ft. to one of 340,000 sq. ft. From there, the company continued to thrive, was seen as a lucrative opportunity to outside investors, and was purchased by Twin City Fan Companies Ltd. in 1997....
Dates: 1922-1961

Kalamazoo Loose-Leaf Binder Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3382
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 12 photographs from the Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company and its successor, the Remington Rand Company which was located at 314-320 (later 312-334) W. Kalamazoo Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. The photographs are from about 1911 until 1940.
Dates: 1911-1940

Linda Macleod Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3397
Scope and Contents Photos of locations and events around Kalamazoo, Michigan, taken by Carl F. Tifft and dating from 1938-1942. Tifft took photos for and was part of the Clarage Fan Company basketball team. Tifft took photos of the Kalamazoo Lumber Fire which occurred in 1938, a parade put on by the circus in downtown Kalamazoo (undated), the Comstock Tornado in August 1939, Milham Park, the view of downtown Kalamazoo from inside the Hanselman Building, and...
Dates: Dated photos range 1938-1942; One pamphlet dates 1931; Some photos are not dated

Marlborough Condominium Association Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3294
Abstract The collection is composed of 74 blueprints, 36”x24” of the Marlborough Apartments, 471 W. South St., Kalamazoo, Michigan. The blueprints are copies made in 1979. Also included is an electronic copy of the architectural drawings on a CD in the Donor file.
Dates: 1979; Other: Date acquired: 12/01/2006

Merrill and McCourtie Block Collection

 Collection
Identifier: RH-A-3392
Abstract The collection concerns the construction in of the Merrill and McCourtie Block in Kalamazoo on west side of South Burdick just north of W. South Street during 1885 and 1886.
Dates: 1885-1886

New factory building, 1960-10-01

 File — Box 4, Folder: 79
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The items contained within this collection date from the era of Charles Clarage’s son, Harry Clarage. During the time of Harry Clarage, the company experienced an expansion in scope, and a subsequent need for facility expansion. In 1957, Clarage Fan Company upgraded from their previous plant of 200,000 sq. ft. to one of 340,000 sq. ft. From there, the company continued to thrive, was seen as a lucrative opportunity to outside investors, and was purchased by Twin City Fan Companies Ltd. in 1997....
Dates: Other: 1960-10-01

New factory building, 1960-10-01

 File — Box 4, Folder: 80
Scope and Contents From the Collection: The items contained within this collection date from the era of Charles Clarage’s son, Harry Clarage. During the time of Harry Clarage, the company experienced an expansion in scope, and a subsequent need for facility expansion. In 1957, Clarage Fan Company upgraded from their previous plant of 200,000 sq. ft. to one of 340,000 sq. ft. From there, the company continued to thrive, was seen as a lucrative opportunity to outside investors, and was purchased by Twin City Fan Companies Ltd. in 1997....
Dates: Other: 1960-10-01

North Church Street side of the building, ca. 1935

 File — Box 1, Folder: 8
Identifier: Folder 8