Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 33
Scope and Contents “This leaflet and recipes are provided you through the courtesy of your milkman,” and explains the correct way to whip cream and how to use it to enhance different dishes and desserts. When whipping cream, day old heavy whipping cream is the best to use and has to be cold (32-44 degrees) and the bowl and whipper must also be chilled. If the cream becomes too warm (48 degrees or warmer) it will likely turn to butter. Whipping forces air between the clusters of fat globules and the more air...
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of 12 photographs from the Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company and its successor, the Remington Rand Company which was located at 314-320 (later 312-334) W. Kalamazoo Avenue, Kalamazoo, Michigan. The photographs are from about 1911 until 1940.
Scope and Contents The collection is composed of one scrapbook from the Kalamazoo Sled Company from 1931-1952. The scrapbook is filled with advertisements of sleds, the majority of them made by the Kalamazoo Sled Company.
Overview The collection is composed of photographs and signs from the Lacey-Webber Company that was located in Kalamazoo between 1939 and 1947.
Scope and Contents The collection amounts to .05 cubic feet and is composed of one booklet, titled "The Four Wheeler ‘Kalamazoo Kind’" published by the Lull Carriage Company of Kalamazoo, Michigan in July, 1918. The booklet contains stories, anecdotes, information and advertisements from the company. Almost all of the pieces in this booklet relate to World War I and deal with for example, substituting beans for meat, rationing wheat, women and war and stories about those who have enlisted. This booklet is volume...
Dates: July 1918
Overview The collection is composed of advertisements for the Michigan Buggy Company located in Kalamazoo, Michigan.
Scope and Contents This collection contains a large number of newsletters from the Milwood News, a weekly periodical supported by small businesses and civic organizations in the Milwood neighborhood of Kalamazoo, MI. This collection contains Numbers 1-45 of Volume 1, published between Thursday February 26, 1948 and December 30, 1948.
Dates: February 26-December 30, 1948.
Abstract The collection is composed of one job register ledger for the Pease & Son and McCaul's Printing Company which were located in Kalamazoo between 1881 and 1962.
Dates: Created: 1926-1947
Overview The collection is composed of one catalog from the Phelps & Bigelow Wind Mill Company, c1888.
Scope and Contents This collection contains the records of SmartShop Metal Arts Center, which operated from 2002 until its closing in 2010. Records of SmartShop Metal Arts Center (SMAC), also called SmartShop Metal Arts Collective include handwritten notes; receipts; Articles of Incorporation, 2004, 2008; by-laws, 2008; board records; contracts; and information on fundraisers.
Dates: Majority of material found within 2002-2010
- Subject: Business enterprises -- Michigan -- Kalamazoo X
- Clarage Fan Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 2
- Kalamazoo Publishing Company 2
- Kalamazoo Sled Company 2
- A. W. Johnson Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- A.K. Edwards and Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- A.L. Pratt & Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Alvan Motor Freight Inc. 1
- American Tool & Die Works (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- American Tool & Engineering Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Blossom Shop (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Blossom, Alice E., -1936 1
- C. H. Dickinson General Hardware (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- CBS-Hytron Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Chamberlin, Charles 1
- Chase H. Dickinson 1
- Clarage Division of Zurn Industrial (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Clarage Foundry and Manufacturing (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Clarage and Sons (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Comstock Manufacturing Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- D. C. Wooden Company 1
- D. C. and H. C. Reed and Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Demming School (Cooper Township, Mich.) 1
- Dickinson, Chase H., 1837-1893 1
- Dolson Automobile Company (Charlotte, Mich.) 1
- Doubleday Brothers and Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Doubleday, Fred U. (Fred Ulysses), 1869-1963 1
- Doubleday, Ward F. 1
- Doubleday-Huber-Dolan Company 1
- Douglas, Geo A. 1
- Douglas, Orson 1
- Dunwell Drug Company 1
- E.B. Russell Grocery (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- E.J. Kelly Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Edwards & Chamberlin Hardware Co. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Fidlar Doubleday (Davenport : Iowa) 1
- Fisher, Holly J. 1
- General Gas Light Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Hall, Freeman 1
- Hammond Machinery Inc. (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Jackson, Charles Arthur, 1915-2005 1
- Kalamazoo Creamery Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kalamazoo Loose Leaf Binder Company 1
- Kalamazoo and Suburban Express Company 1
- Kelly, Eugene, 1890-1964 1
- Kromdyk & Son (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Kromdyk, Peter, 1859-1935 1
- Kromdyk, Roy P., 1884-1961 1
- Lacey-Webber Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Lull Carriage Company 1
- McCaul's Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Michigan Buggy Company (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Milwood news 1
- Morgan, Ward C., 1907-1997 1
- Pacific Gas and Electric Company 1
- Pease & Son Printers (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- Phelps & Bigelow Windmill Company 1
- Remington Rand, Inc. 1
- Robert G. McCaul 1
- Russell, E.B. 1
- SmartShop Metal Arts Center (Kalamazoo, Mich.) 1
- SmartShop Metalworking School and Art Gallery 1
- Steward, L.J. 1
- Taylor, Theophilus, 1849-1922 1
- Van Zoeren, Albert, 1898-1970 1
- Van Zoeren, Charles A. 1
- VanderWeele, C. John 1
- Wooden, Durward C., 1892-1986 1
- Yonkerman Chemical Company 1
- Yonkerman, Derk P., 1859-1923 1 ∧ less